Woodland, Georgia was named after CS Woods, who bought the land and laid out the town after the railroad located a station here around 1906.
It was a town of cotton plantations and peach orchards without much forest.
There was a factory here that made peach packing material, wood crates, chairs and toy blocks.
The town has since grown into its name and is now surrounded by miles of timberland.
The population of Woodland is about 400. The town has a gas station/convience store, post office, bank, antique store, a deer processor, and several 100 year old Victorian houses. It also has the Old South Farm Museum. The closest resturants and grocery stores are in Manchester, about 7 miles away.
railroad culvert just outside Woodland under construction in 1907
same culvert today (April 2020)
Gas Station/Convience Store
The old calaboose, or local jail
for reservations or more information contact Charles Greene
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (404) 541-9556.